TAGS® SAVE | Instant Backup Air is an instantly accessible and portable emergency air supply that can be integrated into various equipment and load carrying configurations for both maritime and land based tactical applications.
- Close protection (emergency air supply for VIP and operators; mobile use and fix mounted in armoured vehicles)
- Urban assault, entry in cellars and tunnels
- Riverine- and surface swimming ops (short shallow dives)
- Boarding operations (enables short shallow dives)
- Emergency air for aviation operations over water
The air supply is delivered to the user by simply biting down on the rubber mouth piece without the need for manual activation, purging or clearing of the mouth piece. The mouth piece is located in close proximity to the wearers mouth and can be used hands free allowing the wearer to use both hands to operate his weapons systems or effect an escape/entry.
SAVE is manufactured from aircraft grade aluminium and the design is such that if the unit is struck by a round and pierced, unlike a traditional high pressure cylinder, it will not fragment and injure the wearer. It will effect a release of air and maintain its form.