TAGS Mountain Light Stretcher (MLS) has been designed for rescue operations in remote locations such as mountainous area’s. It should be seen as the light and modern version of the traditional basket stretcher and can be lifted, winched, carried and sledged or pulled over rough terrain.
The flat bed style of the MLS gives excellent security for spinal injuries and makes the loading of the casualty much better than a basket type stretcher, allowing far more casualty care. The stretcher folds in half, ski to ski, to facilitate easy backpacking by one person, to reduce bulk on the carriers back and for economical storage.
All the main casualty securing cross straps are of 45mm webbing with adjustable Quick Cobra Buckles
When the stretcher is opened to receive a casualty it is not reliant on the side locks to remain secure when in the horizontal position, however the locks are required when being used for vertical lifting, when sliding/sledging over edges or rough terrain. The stretcher has a ski pan set between the head end skis for ease of sliding over rough terrain and snow, but more importantly to protect the casualty’s back from rocks etc.
Also the ski sections have an added high grade polyethylene ski fixed to them as a protection for the alloy over rock, gravel or any other hard abrasive surface.
The MLS can be split if required for long carries into casualty sites but due to the lightness of the stretcher this is not always necessary.
- EC Declaration Of Conformity 93/42/EEC concerning medical devices. Article 11 (5) and annex VII Class 1 devices
- Accepted for winching by the UK RAF SAR helicopters and UK Coastguard
- Conforms to the requirements of EASA/CAA
- MLS Bridle Kit (2m); may be used for lifting, winching, carrying, sledging or as pulling straps
- MLS Rigid Carrying handles
- Storage bag with single padded shoulder carrying strap and outside pouch for inspection record card
Optional (sold separately):