TAGS Roll Up Modular Stretcher (RUMS) is our flag ship for horizontal en vertical lifting. Lightweight and compact, yet still offering the stability, security and comfort of a rigid stretcher. Extremely versatile stretcher for professional high angle rescue teams.
No pressure on chest, hips, legs and feet
RUMS features 3 removable, transversely mounted struts prevent the dangerous compression of chest, hips and legs. The base plate under the feet prevent hyper flexing during vertical lifts.
Despite its low weight and compact form factor -which is ideal for storage and transportation- RUMS offers the stability, security and comfort of a rigid stretcher.
A removable, longitudinally oriented strut protects spine and back. Even when the patient is pulled over an edge or uneven surface.
When spine injury is suspected we advise to use the optional vacuum mattress (sold separately). Alternatively a (narrow) spine board may be used.
Foot Strap Kit included
May be used to position children and short persons in the stretcher. If the straps are used the bottom section van be left open; ideal for very tall persons. And last but not least; may be used to secure the patient for diagonal/vertical lifting.
Bottom fee of straps
The bottom of the stretcher is free of straps (even with lifting bridles attached); which ensures no snagging and easy dragging.
Easy deployment in seconds
Extremely easy to use. Deployment in seconds: un-roll, insert the struts and ready. Slide or lo-roll the patient on the stretcher. When ready for transportation just close the Quick Cobra Buckles and you are ready to go. The color coded lifting bridles are pre-installed. For both vertical and horiontal use.
- Urban Search And Rescue (USAR)
- Urban And Industrial High Angle Rescue
- Helicopter lifting operations (medivac)
- Mountain rescue: summer and winter
- Water rescue (in combination with the “Floater Kit” and note that “C-RUMS” is optimised for that purpose)
- Confined space rescue (although “C-RUMS” is optimised for that purpose)
- Shoulder strap kit (recommended for helicopter operations when rotation may occur)
- Inflatable Pillow
- Vacuum Rescue Mattress (VRM)
- Thermo Rescue Bag (TRB)
- Floaters (water rescue)
- Bridle Kit “Balance” which enables easy changing the lifting angle (horizontal/diagonal)
- Dragging strap kit
RUMS vs C-RUMS
- RUMS has a closed head section for optimum protection of the patient (especially if no helmet is worn). Integrated (fixed) bridle system.
- C-RUMS has a more compact tapered/partially open head section: optimised for confined space rescue (CSR), water rescue (water can flow more easy) and tactical/military use use. Removable bridle system (more practical for hand carry and dragging)